To register your Kiger Mustang with the Kiger Horse Association & Registry, you must complete the following steps:
- Complete an application for registration. Click here for the registration forms.
- Complete a DNA kit for your horse (or include a copy of your horse's DNA results if it has been DNA tested previously).
- Include copies of your horse's sire and dam DNA results if they are available.
- Include copies of BLM paperwork if horse is from the wild.
- Take photographs of your horse showing conformation and markings.
- Click here for information on the proper way to photograph your horse.
- Send in your application with the appropriate fee.
What happens to my application and materials sent to you for registration?
When your application is received at the office of KHAR, your application will be reviewed for completeness. The DNA kit or copy of DNA results will be sent to our DNA analysis lab. The pictures that you have sent will be reviewed to ensure that the necessary positions are there and that the horse can be visually inspected from the available photos. If the application is incomplete or if the photos are of insufficient quality, you will be immediately notified with a request for additional information or photos. The KHAR will attempt to obtain the necessary information or photos twice and if unsuccessful, your material, less 50% fee, will be returned to you.
If your application is complete and photos are inspection ready, then your horse's photos will be presented to inspectors for evaluation. At least two inspectors will evaluate your horse for common conformation faults and breed specific faults.